Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Yoga and banana bread

There is a perk of working into the night at my office. The night we send the magazine off to be put into plotters, we have to wait around for it until four the day after. That means time to sleep in and laze around the house. I have taken full advantage of this perk. After waking up at one, I finally spent some time on my yoga mat and was able to bake my grandmother's famous banana bread.
My mother used to make it all the time when I was younger and I would cover it with butter, watching it melt into the hot slices. The combination of banana, cinnamon and vanilla was enough to make me rush home from school and indulge before my sister had the chance to devour it herself. Now that I am older and better at sharing, I plan to bring it into the office to help us make it through another night.

This recipe can also be used to make zucchini bread by replacing the banana for zucchini. I've made it before and it turns out just as well.



Grandma Peggie's Banana Bread
Modified by myself

2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
3 large bananas mashed or 1 cup zucchini grated
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Grease a loaf pan and set it aside
3. Beat the eggs and sugar until fluffy
4. Add in the oil, banana or zucchini, and vanilla and stir until combine
5. Add in dry ingredients and stir until completely combined and then stir in nuts or chocolate if your using them.
6. Bake for 55-60 minutes
7. Remove from the oven and let cool
8. Serve plain or with butter



2 comments:

  1. Love your blog,..have read them all. You should be doing some publicity for me and say something like yoga with kathy paez and banana bread. jeje,..by the way are you really going to san francisco. will message you my number we gotta catch up. besitos

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is making my mouth water! mmmmmmmm!!

    ReplyDelete